Hot Cocoa is my love language during the winter.
If you want the key to my heart, make me Gingerbread Hot Cocoa.
Or buy me a pony.
Just kidding…or am I? 😉
Sure I love coffee too in the morning, not for the caffeine because I drink decaf, but for the flavor. Maybe the flavor of the creamer…but still, the flavor! However, once it is past morning, I am typically not craving coffee unless I have a coffee date.
BTW, if you are ever in Rapid City, stop at any Pure Bean location and order a Cardigan Latte. I can’t even tell you how much I love that amazing drink!
And you may ask, “Why not drink tea?” Well, first of all, I don’t care for hot tea 99% of the time. The other 1%, I drink Sugar Cookie Tea that my amazing sister-in-law introduced me to.
Unsweetened sun tea is my jam in the summer, but for obvious reasons ( I live in S. D. after all) it is not a craving in the winter.
My original, non-holiday version cocoa, has been a staple for years now, but I just stumbled upon this Christmas delight last holiday season. For good reason, this Gingerbread Hot Cocoa puts me in the holiday spirit!#healthy Gingerbread Hot Cocoa for 1! Enjoy this #dairyfree mug of deliciousness for the #holidays and #Christmas Click To Tweet
Plus, this recipe is SO much healthier than regular hot cocoa with all it’s sugar and artificial ingredients.
It is dairy and refined sugar free and still tastes like the real deal.
I use water and almond milk for the liquid goodness and cocoa powder and coconut sugar for the chocolatyness.
The gingerbread flavors can be attributed to the molasses and cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg spices.
My kids like a very tame gingerbread version, but feel free to add more molasses or ginger to suit your taste.
This hot chocolate recipe is thick and rich AND is perfect for those cozy nights on the couch watching Christmas movies. Enjoy the holiday season with this healthy hot cocoa recipe my pretties! Merry Christmas!