1) Preheat the oven to 350°F, then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread pecans and oats evenly on the pan and bake for 10-15 minutes. Leave the oven on.
2) Line an 8×8″ square pan with parchment paper. Make sure the paper covers the sides too.
3) Combine toasted oats and pecans with dates, cinnamon and salt in a food processor. Process until there are no large pieces left. Add the apples and pulse until there are no large chunks left. You may use a spatula to help combine ingredients.
4) Spread mixture into the pan, flattening it with a spoon or spatula. You may want to layer parchment paper on top and then pat down with the spatula to help flatten the surface.
5) Bake for 20 minutes or until edges start to brown slightly. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Slice the bars, but leave in pan until they are completely cool. Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge.